First video with interesting referenec

Dear friends,

I completed my first video subtitles (in English) on The 4th Mantra & the Dharma in the Wallet. I am sharing this for two reasons:

1. Being my first video, I welcome any feedback or input for anyone willing to watch it!
  2. Thay references a Vietnamese story during the talk and I was able to find this paper online that I used as the source for the names. I just wanted to share this with everyone.

Take care!
Marc

3 Likes

Dear Marc,

Thank you very much for writing to us and for volunteering your skills to this meaningful work for the Sangha. :pray:

I appreciate in your first attempt the subtitles’ timing was synced very precisely, making it very, very easy for viewers to follow; and the subtitles are well-informed thanks to the research about the Vietnamese folktale (by the way, the paper you linked above is of great help for me).

Amara is a platform built for volunteer collaboration so chances are, in case the subtitles already published have minor mistakes, other volunteers/subtitlers will help spot and correct them for each other. So we hope you find this work nourishing for the soul. Anything you’ve contributed no matter how small is appreciated. So thank you very much for your time and dedication, dear Marc.

May today unfold with much kindness for you,
:pray: :sparkles:
Tuyen

1 Like

Dearest Tuyen,

Thank you for that feedback and your kind words! I’m glad you found the paper helpful as well! I absolutely enjoyed working on my first video. I feel very welcomed by the community and look forward to starting on my second video now as well as helping to contribute however else I can.

Thank you again,
Marc

1 Like